This first week of November finds me recharging my batteries after a month of work and travel. October will have to go down in history for me as I went from Central Iowa (ISTS at Ames) to the West Coast (FOSS EH Training in Berkeley, CA) to the East Coast (Science and Engineering Festival on the Freedom Plaza in Washington DC) to the Midwest (NSTA in Kansas City, MO). Whew ~ I am tired just typing this list of locations! All of these travels gave me much to think about AND reminded me why I love my job (i.e. teaches and students engaged in learning science that can be used to stretch their imagination and possibly improve their own quality of life ~ ad possibly benefit others.
So I will share some of the highlights of NSTA and encourage those of you who have questions to ask me for more details. Also; if you have time log onto the NSTA Website to see some of the highlights. Here my top ten list with relevant links:
10. Dinner with my family as my sister and brother - in - law had just moved to Overland Park, KS this week. (I had Dr. Pepper BBQ ribs!)
9. The small back pack gift from NSTA ExploreVision
8. The Sally Ride Training on the PASCO SPARK
7. The FOSS Training on the revised Planetary Science kit
6. The ASU Workshop on Conceptual Modeling in Physics
5. The Exhibit Hall Drawing where the VAST Center won a Digital Microscope from
4. The chance to meet Lindy Lacy from Kansas City Public Schools
3. The key note speech by Jeff Goldstein. Click her to see the blog post from the NSTA Executive Director.
2. Lots of good conversation with Nannette, Peg Christensen, Tami Plein, Jason Martin-Hiner and teachers from AEA 10 who attended.
1. Fabulous weather and a nice drive to and fro....
As my final post I am going to link to my NSTA Peronal Scheduler as a reminder to myself on which sessions I attended.
Erica's NSTA Conference Scheduler
No comments:
Post a Comment