This is for me; but please feel free to read along as I journal my reflections, thoughts and insights as I fulfill my role as a Science Curriculum Consultant for Grant Wood AEA.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Teachers Teaching so Students Can Learn
As I reflect on the past three days of VAST Middle School Kit Inservices (Earth History on Monday and Weather and Water today) PLUS the two fabulous afternoons I have had working with dedicated, smart, passionate teachers (CCSD Consensus Mappers Tuesday and the Teacher in Residence cadre today) I am hopeful for our future. I say this with awe because I am constantly reminded that the real change for quality science happens each and every day in classrooms all across GWAEA. There are so many teachers who make time (and sub plans) to constantly learn more about their science units through on-going professional development ~ that it is almost hard to believe that every child doesn't have the same opportunities to learn rich science concepts. The impact of the classroom teacher is powerful and somewhat frightening. I am so relieved to say that every teacher (and that is 32 so far this week) has their students best interest both at heart and constantly in mind!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is really important to remember as we are confronted by what is also part of the reality in the Education Nation series on NBC this week.
ReplyDeleteI haven't had time to watch that series, would you be willing to bullet a few of the key points?
ReplyDelete