I am new to this world of blogging but wanted to take a chance and stretch myself. This day, September 13, 2010 was a beautiful Monday. I began my day by attending the VAST Balance and Motion Kit Training to refresh my memory of the Big Ideas of that 1st and 2nd grade kit. I remembered that the focus was on how to balance objects on a balance point using counterweights and as
FOSSWEB.COM states; "
We live in a dynamic world where everything is in motion, or so it seems. But not everything is moving the same way. Some things move from one place to another. Other things go around and around in a rotational motion. Still other things are stationary, stable for a time, balanced on a thin line between stop and go. These are the global phenomena that students experience in this module, Balance and Motion."
After that I had the opportunity to work with Jeanne, briefly, on continuing the IES grant proposal. We discussed the draft of the Abstract and clarified some of the next steps.
Then off to an Agency Advisory Meeting, my first. I learned some new things about how GWAEA works and in particular how this Advisory Commitee works. Next I will figure out a way to collect input from the Central Region members to be able to represent them properly.
Finally, I had a quick SKYPE conference with Nannette to discuss the OSO (Out of School) Committee meeting minutes and
Google Site. As we worked I shared my screen to be able to illustrate my point. Nannette is also now a proud "owner" along with Dick Whitehead and myself. Our collective next steps are to work with Stacey Behmer to:
- upgrade the Calendar gadget
- embed the YouTube videos
- other ????
I had the opportunity to accomplish many important tasks and work on some on-going projects today. To experiment with using this blog as a daily log I am going to share this site with Nannette as a model of keeping a daily log. At this time I do not plan to share it with anyone else until I feel more confident in my ability to use it effectively and efficiently.
No comments:
Post a Comment