Thursday, September 30, 2010

Common Learning; Common Work

As we gathered today to collaborate and learn as a team I was almost overwhelmed by the magnitude of our workscape.  I have not felt that way for many years (FYI, this is my tenth year at GWAEA).  Undoubtably because we have had the capacity to do the work that has been defined for us by our districts, our Agency, our VAST Center and ourselves.  It amazes me how important it is to me that we have enough dedicated individuals 'on the bus' to ensure we can serve district needs and be innovative, creative and on the 'cutting edge' of science education reform.  I am also extremely grateful that we have the services of a Teacher in Residence to ensure that the valuable work of the CSI OSO committee is able to be done well.  I struggle to imagine what I would be feeling if GWAEA did not have a TiR to increase our collective capacity to serve the STEM needs that are beginning to blossom and emerge. 

I know that the saying goes; Bloom where you are planted, but I am also aware that it takes effort and individuals to sow the seeds and nurture the environment to ensure all can germinate and grow to their full potential. 

I am not one who weeps at good-byes; but I do tend to get more philosophical and introspective!  So farewell to Stacey and thanks for enriching our team for the past year!  Good Luck!

I have posted a link to a TED video that I found fascinating and wanted to invite those who are following me to view it and post a comment to express what you were feeling and thinking as you watched it!  Call it my little mini-research study :-)

2 comments:

  1. Although the workscape is broad, the workers on the landscape are capable, willing and dedicated. There was so much I gained in this year and I know I leave more enriched than when I came. The science team will endure and rise to meet the challenges . . . I wish you well and will watch with great interest the work that is still to be done. Thank you for your willingness to lead by challenge~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey, I am intriqued by your reference to "lead by challenge" would you be willing to elaborate on what you mean by this phrase?

    ReplyDelete