Thursday, October 21, 2010

How Many Windmill and Air Trolley Parts Can Two Teachers Stuff in a Suitcase

Whew!  I just finished stuffing < I mean carefully placing > all of the pieces and parts Nannette and I assembled for the Catching the Wind windmill activity and the Air Trolley Variables activity into my suitcase.  It all fit (well that is if you count the fact that I had to stow the hubs and propellers in my carry on bag) and I still had room for clothes.  But two pair of Khaki pants and two white shirts don't take too much room.  I hope the hotel has a laundry service or I shall have to go shopping.  That wouldn't be all bad!

So in case you are wondering what Nannette, Jim and I will be doing I have embedded links to the two video's Nannette made to feature the Catching the Wind:  Designing a Working Windmill and the Plane Sense Investigation from the FOSS Variables kit here for your viewing pleasure.  Sorry, I can't seem to locate the URL for the first one Nannette created; so I will post picture instead.

We fly to Washington DC tomorrow, so make sure to check out the Science & Engineering Festival link and follow my Tweets @EricaDLarson!


No comments:

Post a Comment