I love being a 21st Century worker! Today Jason Martin-Hiner (AEA 1) and I had a 45 minute SKYPE conference call to discuss the best way to store and retrieve the ELI artifacts. Currently they all reside on the WebBoard and I was able to
Share My Screen with Jason so he could see where I had placed things. I am always so embarrassed to show off my e-files!!! As a 20-year veteran of the classroom; I have never quite felt comfortable doing business over the phone (shhh! don't tell my GWAEA Supervisor).... Thus the SKYPE video call is a perfect way for me to conduct business as I was easily able to discern Jason's frustration, relief, confusion, and joy through his entire gamut of expressions. I must figure out a way to include at least one SKYPE video call to each of my PBS TeacherLine online participants in my fall/winter course. The PBS TeacherLine directors encourage us to personalize the course and what a better way than to actually 'see' and 'hear' each other (facilitator to participant AND maybe even participant to participant)! Hmmm! Wonder if Lia will allow me to swap one written assignment for a SKYPE video conference session.... I don't want anyone to think I am a dinosaur... at least when it comes to the use of technology to enhance learning....(the picture below is from the museum at Ft. Peck in MT taken during my
Summer Trek to Glacier NP and back).
Nannette; I followed Stacey Behmer's Tweets all day at ITEC ~ she felt the Keynote was hilarious.... do you agree? May I ask who spoke and what the topic was? Also, please hyperlink any relevant web links related to the ITEC conference in your blog post about these two days so I can be a virtual learner!
Nannette ~ shall we set a time to meet via SKYPE while I am away in California? I think the time difference might through us off a little... but why don't we discuss it tomorrow and see if we can figure out a good time to connect while I am away.
Jason, whether or not you are an emotional guy is something only you would know ~ all I know is that your facial expressions communicate a lot to me. Your face may not always be matched to you emotions or eve what you intend to 'say' but I appreciate your expressiveness ~ so please don't ever stop.
ReplyDelete